Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Tunes!

Yeah, yeah, Christmas was a few days ago... I have a holiday music fetish. Below, a track listing for the 10th edition of my annual xmas mix, and a link to a piece I contributed to the cool Seattle-based pop culture blog Monkey Goggles. Happy Holidays!

I Like Xmas Music, and So Do You (Oh Yes, You Do)

A DJ SODA POP CHRISTMAS 2010
Monte & Marsha Brown / Cajun Christmas
Casey MacGill's Blue 4 Trio / Egg Nog
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings / Ain't No Chimneys in the Projects
The Puppini Sisters / Let It Snow
Louis Prima / What Will Santa Claus Say When He Finds Everybody Swinging?
Huey "Piano" Smith / Doing the Santa Claus
Rufus Thomas / I'll Be Your Santa Baby
The Marcels / Merry Twist-Mas
Blind Boys of Alabama w/ Tom Waits / Go Tell It on the Mountaun
Benny Martin / Santa Claus is From the South
Little Jimmie Dickens / Barefooted Little Cowboy
Eddie Hazelwood / Blue Shadows on a White Christmas Tree
Loretta Lynn / To Heck With Oid Santa Claus
The Wailers / Christmas Spirit
Untamed Youth / Santa's Gonna Shut 'Em Down
Detroit Junior / Christmas Day
Debbie Dabney / I Want to Spend Christmas with Elvis (Heartbreak Noel)
Foghat / All I Want For Christmas Is You
NRBQ / Christmas Wish
Pink Martini / Congratulations (A Happy New Year Song)

No comments:

Post a Comment