Friday, March 4, 2011

Dog-Walking Tunes

Went for a delightful walk with the dog tonight. It's a cool night with that passive Seattle rain I liken to the spot-free rinse at the car wash. Threw on a hoodie, grabbed the iPod Shuffle I haven't used in months and have entirely forgotten which tunes are on it, and as Champ and I strolled around the dimly-lit mist of Capitol Hill, this was our soundtrack:

Eddy Grant - "Electric Avenue"
Hothouse Flowers - "Don't Go"
Cheap Trick - "If You Want My Love"
Devo - "Girl U Want"
Hall & Oates - "You Make My Dreams"
Deee-Lite - "Groove is in the Heart"
David Lee Roth - "Just a Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody"
Helio Sequence - "Harmonica Song"

Maybe I'm dating myself, as six of these eight songs were released in the 80s, one in the 90s and one in this century, but I still say that's a fine soundtrack for an evening dog walk. I'm not sure what else is on this Shuffle, but I'll keep using it for dog walks until I keep hearing the same stuff too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment